The Perot Provisonal Stamps are the first printed stamps of Bermuda. In 1848,
the town of Hamilton was incorporated as the Capital of Bermuda, and these stamps were
printed under Postmaster William Bennet Perot. He wrote the words "1 penny" above the
year stamp and signed his name below.
Today, only 11 copies of the Perot Stamps have been found. For the most part, these
stamps are owned today by European royalty including Queen Elizabeth herself.